Ah tea so potent for the soul and the skin...
- Hydration —all good things start from within and while hydration doesn’t help skin directly it’s crucial to overall health and that is all about skin — tea counts toward daily hydration requirements which are different based on the weather, exercise and how spicy your food tastes. Tea is a more indulgent than water.
- Slendresse- Take a green tea supplement since I do not know if we have it in us to drink as much green tea as the Okinawa.
- Caffeination but moderated — Consider eschewing all coffee and drink black tea all day — the strongest Sri Lankan or Nilgiris leaf in the morning when one needs all the caffeine one can get — in the afternoon and mid-morning a more flavourful fruity Harney blend like Paris that is clearly the American imitation of Mariage Freres’ sublime Marco Polo.
- Polyphenols- And just before sleeping consider a white tea with rose petals to ease into Lethe sleep- the uncured, unfermented leaves have the most skin-friendly polyphenols.
- Eye-soothing Compresses — Take the muslin tea-bags left over from an afternoon of Mariage Freres tea and put them in the fridge and when taking a disco nap continue the cooling indulgence.
- Faux-tea fun — Drink a lot of tea that’s not even tea — the herbs like this Teapigs Licorice and Peppermint also Fennel tea and Nettle tea and occasionally Valerian tea to help you sleep.